Creative Africa Nexus (CANEX)
Creativity at the heart of innovation and transformation
Don't miss your moment!
CANEX at IATF2023 will further develop conversations and provide even more business to business and business to government opportunities through a 7-day gathering that will take place in Cairo, from 9 – 15 November 2023. The event will be another important milestone in Afreximbank’s implementation of the Creative Africa Nexus (CANEX) programme; a multi-faceted intervention aimed at supporting and developing Africa’s rapidly growing creative sector.
This event will provide a unique platform for facilitating business, investment, collaboration, partnerships and inspiration amongst creatives across the value chain of diverse creative and cultural industry sectors from film, music, and fashion to culinary arts, sports, and visual arts amongst others.
Creative Africa Nexus (CANEX) at IATF2023 in Cairo, Egypt
Who Will Attend?
- Media editors and creative agencies
- Advertising and creative agencies
- Art Curators and galleries
- Event and Festival organizers
- Fashion designers
- Streaming platforms and digital platforms
- Cinema and film distributors
- Creative Sector retailers
- Visual artists
- E – Gamers – players and designers
- Animators and FX artists
- Record label executives and music distributors
- Music producers
- Literary and music publishers
- Educators and trainers
- Content Creators
- Creative enthusiasts
- Creative influencers
- Culture tourists
Corporate & Investors
- Private investors
- Hedge Funds
- Sovereign funders
- Law and policy makers
- Cultural Bodies
- Tourism bodies
- Culture ministries
CANEX at IATF2023, will comprise of the following key components:
- Market & Exhibition: A vibrant retail market space as well as a business focused exhibition space will provide smaller brands, larger businesses, associations and countries to showcase their creative goods and services.
- Fashion Shows: Fashion designers from the continent and the diaspora will display their talent on a pan-African platform.
- Live Theatre: Two-days of intimate conversations, showcases and Fireside Chats.
- Live Performances: From music and dance to poetry and literature readings, live performances will then culminate in an all-star Mega Concert.
- CANEX Music Factory: Collaborative music creation sessions will happen live at the event.
- Meeting / Networking Opportunities: Matchmaking meeting services, networking lounges and special events will provide a range of networking opportunities.
- Summit: A high-level one day Summit with top experts will tackle key topics that affect all creative and cultural industry sectors.
- Deal Room: A finance and investor focused space aimed with developing finance products for the creative industries.
- Buyers’ Lounge: A specialized space for buyers to connect with creative producers.
- Art Exhibition: Some of Africa’s finest curators and artists will showcase their works to high-profile art collectors.
- Masterclasses: One day of intensive expert-lead masterclasses.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR CREATIVE PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES
CANEX at IATF 2023 will ensure that creatives are able to do business with an emphasis on meeting and networking opportunities between creatives but more importantly between creatives and buyers and potential partners and investors.
CANEX at IATF2023 will also see a range of smaller breakaways and highly interactive sessions/masterclasses focused on topics across creative sectors. These sessions will be designed to address some of the key challenges facing the African creative environment and recommend implementable interventions.
Other exciting sports, culture and technology driven activations will also take place throughout the week. There will also be a spotlight on investment opportunities in Africa’s sports eco system including e-gaming and the introduction of the Culinary Arts as the newest vertical within CANEX.